Dr. Herrman’s mission is to provide access to comprehensive and compassionate dental care for pets. Dental skills take time and patience to both acquire and deliver to patients. Dr. Herrman is motivated by the results she has seen in the improvement of the quality of life in her patients.
Dr. Jean M. Herrman received her DVM from the University of California, Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, in 1998 after eight years of biomedical research in Boston and Palo Alto, CA, and a BS in Chemistry/Biology from Boston University in 1987.
While in veterinary school, she had the unusual good fortune to do her clinical rotation with a renowned oral surgeon and veterinary dentist, when many schools even now don’t offer dentistry as a clinical option. She also continued her research efforts and received scholarships and awards for her immunology research on marine mammals.
Dental Services Practice
In 2015, Dr Herrman opened a dental care clinic for pets in Bolton, CT. Prior to opening the clinic Dr Herrman partnered with several veterinarian clinics in the region including Suffield Veterinary Hospital, Tolland Veterinary Hospital, South Windsor Veterinary Clinic, Piper Olson Veterinary Hospital , New England Veterinary Center and Cancer Care and other Veterinarians in the region.
Dr. Herrman is an alternate pathway resident of the American Veterinary Dental College. She also works regularly with the dental care community.
- Dr. Herrman works regularly with rescue organizations to help with dental care needs and has volunteered with Protectors of Animals as the triage vet, seeing to the needs of the cats and dogs of the Hartford area.
- American Veterinary Dental Society
- American Veterinary Dental College
- Hartford County Veterinary Medical Association (2008 Program Chair, 2009 President)
- Connecticut Veterinary Medical Association
- American Veternary Medical Association
Dr. Herrman grew up in Pittsburgh, PA and is the eighth of nine children, she is married with one dog and two cats and resides in Coventry, CT. She enjoys spending her free time with her large extended family and pets, traveling, skiing, hiking and boating.